Immigration Legal Services


A Path to Hope

Safely navigating the U.S. immigration legal system is fundamental for refugees and immigrants to rebuild their lives and regain a sense of belonging. But they face many complicated and expensive legal hurdles on the paths to citizenship and reuniting with family. Without access to professional legal services, they can face dire consequences. Our immigration team of attorneys and BIA-accredited representatives fill this gap by offering high-quality, licensed legal services at low cost.

Support our work and provide an affordable path to hope by donating to our Legal Services Program.


Employment Opportunities

Associate Director for Immigration Legal Serv.

Oversees the ongoing provision of legal immigration services in the Durham Immigration and Refugee Program.


Our Services

CWS Durham’s Immigration Legal Services program has served over 1,600 clients in the past year alone. CWS Durham has been recognized by the Board of Immigration Appeals  (BIA) since 2011, and currently has two attorneys, three Department of Justice-Accredited staff members, and two paralegals. We work hard to keep our fees accessible for all of our clients, and we’re proud to say that our clients have saved over $600,000 using our services versus private attorneys! 


  • N-400, Application for Naturalization
  • N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
  • N-565, Application for Replacement

Green Cards/Employment

  • I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence
  • I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
  • I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Family Reunification


  • I-131, Refugee Travel Documents and Humanitarian Parole

Unaccompanied Minors

Online Payment

Submit your online payment for Legal Services provided by CWS Durham. 
*Select "North Carolina - Durham" as Service Location

Submit Payment


Appointment Only: Our offices are currently operating by appointment only. Please schedule an appointment by contacting your primary staff contact or by calling our office.